How to Install AEMod Custom ROM on Sprint’s Epic 4G Touch. Second generation of the South Korean phone manufacturer’s Galaxy S is released for US customers under the name of Samsung Epic 4G Touch.
The device earned so many attentions from the developers right away on its first release day. They were eager to get hands on this device in order to find a method to gain root privilege of it and then they finally find the way how to gain the root privilege of Epic 4G Touch. After the rooting method had been found then the other tweaks are flowing out and one of them is a custom ROMs that is based on stock firmware, it is called with AEMod. There are some stuffs that offered by this custom ROM such as removed bloatware, latest SuperUser app, hacker’s keyboard and CRT OFF animation. It comes with added BusyBox and is custom-ROM-AEMODfully deodexed for optimum user experience. Read on this article to learn how to install AEMod custom ROM on Epic 4G Touch.
Before starting the installation process, we need to remind you that we are not responsible if your device gets bricked or damaged due to the installation process. So, please read and follow the installation’s procedure thoroughly then install it at your own risk.
Once you have made up your mind to install this custom ROM on your device, read and follow the instructions below thoroughly in order to install the AEMod on your lovely device successfully. Here are the instructions:
1. First of all, you need to make sure that you have root on your phone with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
2. After that, you have to download AEMod Custom ROM for Epic 4G Touch on your computer.
3. When the required file has been successfully downloaded, please connect your phone to the computer, mount SD Card and copy the download ZIP file to SD Card root.
4. Once the download ZIP file has been copied, then power off your device and reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery. You can reboot into recovery by holding volume up button along with power button.
5. When you were in the recovery made, use onscreen options to make a complete Nandroid backup.
6. When the backup has been made, go back to recovery main menu and wipe cache and dalvik cache.
7. Once cache and dalvik cache have been wiped off, use Install Zip from SD Card option to flash / install AEMod ROM.
8. Simply reboot your phone once done.
Once you have finished with the instructions above and everything goes as planned, your Epic 4G Touch now has new custom ROM running on it. The ROM is developed by RoadRagen. If you had some issues involving this method, simply visit the official XDA ROM thread. Have a nice try folks.